Welcome to St Davids RFC, the most westerly Club in Wales. Our Club and grounds are situated at the junction of the A487 to Fishguard and the B4583 to Whitesands. The Club Colours are black/amber shirts, black shorts and black/amber socks and it presently fields a First and Youth Team.
The Club was first formed in 1953. The first trial match was at St Davids Grammar School with seven players in each team using a football and football shirts. The first games were played down by St. Non's Retreat with an old cowshed used as the changing rooms. Unfortunately all the games were lost that season.
During the 1954/55 season the changing rooms for the visiting team was behind Midland Bank in Mr. Mendus's dark room. Two galvanised baths were purchased from Llangwm RFC at the cost of ten shillings each. Raffle tickets were sold at one penny each to buy a new water heater. The raffle prizes were five shillings and two shillings and sixpence.
From the 1955/56 season, the present field was purchased for £350 with a 6'x6' shed being used as a changing room for the home team. In 1957/58 St Davids lost 5-3 to Neyland in the final of the Pembrokeshire Junior Cup.
The first Clubhouse was opened at the cost of £1,705 in 1963/64. St Davids won the Pembrokeshire Junior Union Cup for the first time. Jimmy Lamb and Ieuan Hughes played for Welsh Junior Union in the 1965 season. This was the year for the club's first tour and they went to Ireland. In the 1972 season the club went on tour to Brighton to play Sussex Police.
Mini rugby was started in 1973 season and it was in 1976 that the 2nd XV was started. It was decided to join the Pembrokeshire league in 1977. Another memorable tour was made to Ireland.
St Davids RFC celebrated their 25th Anniversary in 1978. Pontypridd RFC played against the 1st XV on the memorable day. Gerwyn Williams was chosen during this season to play the welsh schools senior team.
The club ventured further afield to go on tour to France in 1980 season. Rowland Phillips was capped for the Welsh Senior Schools.
The Senior Welsh Schools played an international game at the Club against Ireland in 1985.
The 1986 season was very memorable since the club finished fourth in the league with 10 wins in a row.
Rowland Phillips continued to play well and gained his senior Welsh Cap in 1987. Geraint Phillips, also in that year, captained and played for Welsh Universities.
Dai Bennett played for Welsh Districts Rugby Union in 1990.
A Mini's team competed in a tournament at Cardiff Arms Park in the 1992 season and Neath RFC honoured the club with their team in a match at the 40th anniversary in 1993.
Please wait as the server processes your request. Do not attempt to refresh the page.